Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Whining of old fellas

I want to share this funny past of mine. It would be a long post but I hope you will gladly read it :)
 It was happen in my late high school's time, we were about to graduate, finished exam and stuffs.
FYI, I am now a college student in Institute of Technology Bandung.

It was a rough time for me, all of unimportant high school dramas and get scorned by typical high school mates, all happened in my late high school. I was the kind of student who closed to one or two people only, I didn't like to much attention or seeking any attention.
Lets just move to the story~
ITB ( my university) and other universities too, had a new program recruitment for fresh graduate high schooler, it called 'invitation recruitment' (I guess, i don't know how they called it in English) I knew this program from my Dad.
At that time my Dad were about planning to get early pension (He was still under fourty you know?).
So, He told me I MUST SIGN MYSELF to that invitation recruitment. And FYI I knew about that program even before my school announced it. And somehow if I get accepted my Dad's company will help on pay my college, and since my Dad about to retired from his company we were put our highest hope over those program, that way my Dad and I did not have to worry how to afford my college bill since his company would pay it (we could say so) BUT IF, JUST IF I GET ACCEPTED, PERIOD.
 Then I came to my homeroom teacher asked her about the invitation recruitment, the next day she announced it to my class. Our class could sign up according to our ranks, since I was about in rank after 15 ( I don't really remember) it took a freaking long time for me and my best friend to sign ourselves.
On the last week, we still didn't have our line to sign up yet so we told the person in charged we would bring our laptop tomorrow and sign up on it, to make it done faster so other people behind us didn't have to wait any longer.
The next day was such a disaster for me, due to human error someone accidently closed or finished our class form. So, me my best friend and the rest could not sign up anymore, I was panicked and decided not to tell my parents and tried my best to find any way out. But it was hopeless for me, school couldn't open the form again because it had been done twice (finished the form).
I was almost giving up when my Dad keep on haunted me with questions, brought up about he retired from job and he possibly couldn't afford my college bill if I didn't get accepted. I felt guilty and with a bitter expression from holding my tears I told him the truth.
And he was in rage.
 Again, I told you I've done my very best to get the school to open the form once more but they rejected my request. I did not stop, I asked any teachers till they got sick of my presence in their office and told me to meet the headmaster instead. And it wasn't easy, headmaster somehow disappeared at that time.
When I finally caught headmaster at his office, I told him the accident and bla bla and how I need to sign up because I put my future on it.

Rejected, rejected, and rejected. My future on stake and they rejected it.

My dad keep called me, while I was speaking with the headmaster. And he decided to meet the headmaster himself, because he guessed the headmaster didn't understand how important this matter for us.

Few hours passed, the form was officially opened again.

I knew it wasn't easy for school to opened it for 'us' (few of student in my class who doesn't sign up yet) they had to deal with the education institutional and follow some complicated procedures. And I thanked them for their hard work, especially my science teacher who had been through lot of difficulty because of my selfish request.
Next day, my teacher via my friend announced the class that we have to re-sign up the form, could you imagine the chaos happened in my class? And they know who responsible for this and who to blame for. Me.

Yeah I know I was egoist, selfish, Self-centered, but I don't care because I was struggling for my own future and they didn't know any single thing about it. I knew they mocked me, scorned and blamed me for the chaos I made and the reality they had to work twice to fill the form. I was feeling sorry, and asked them I would gladly fill the forms for them. Then my teacher was being wise, each students had to fill the form by themselves.
They were whining, and mocking behind me (Yeah I knew) it was because they were angry and tired too. But I guess some of them way off base because they started attacking my BFF too by sending an inappropiate text, it was my fault and they don't have any right to did that to my BFF.
And their whining didn't stop right there, they boasted it up, really that was silly acts of them. And looking back then it was so funny and unimportant yet it gave me a great lesson.

Some of them talked about me virtually in the internet where people could read it and doesn't discover the truth behind it. Anyway it was hurt me the most, because they stamped on me and judged me like I was a stupid and slow poked student who doesn't gave a damn about world and dependent on my Dad like a monkey hanging to it's mom, and it was totally my fault and incapability that I missed to sign up the form.

It was in the past, I know. And it doesn't like I hold any revenge or what. I already forgive her a long long time ago. Despite her rude words and lacks of vocabulary, she just didn't know the truth and too lazy to ask me, that was it. And here I am just want to tell you a story and revealing the truth I kept on silent all of this time (only few of my friends knew it).

Time passed, and came the announcement time for who got the invitation and who doesn't.
I opened the website, and thought if I don't get accepted I would be so ashamed of myself. Because I sacrificed almost everything, and my reputation, my name had been scratched just because of it.
 And yeah,
I GOT ACCEPTED! so that was all, everything seemed so clear sky, and the tears I've been hold on for so long, overflowed. I sent my deep grateful for my only God, Allah SWT and was praising how fair my God is. My mom and Dad looked so proud and hugged me.
At that time some of my friends still couldn't accept this shocking truth, how could I accepted in ITB? they thought it was an unfair play. Well, they just didn't have a clue how hard I was struggling for this, and now I tell them. It wasn't easy, my friends.

The moral of the freaking long post is.
STOP WHINING MY DEAR FRIENDS, WHINING WON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE, SERIOUSLY! GO GET YOUR DREAMS NO MATTER HOW IMPOSSIBLE ARE THEM, INSTEAD OF WHINING ON OTHER PEOPLE FAULTY, WON'T BRING YOU ANYWHERE. ;)

Thank you for spending your time reading it, I appreciate it. x x x
Cheerio, Nate.

1 comment: