Thursday, July 10, 2014

When in doubt, what will you do?

Assalamualaikum, 


'When in doubt, read Al-Quran.'

     I try to engrave that quote into my mind and heart, because I find it very true.

Have you ever been so confused? Desperate? You try to search the answer and desperately  typed on google ‘What is my purpose in life?’ or something like that? I have.

I was not in the middle of having big trouble or having problem I can’t bear, or so desperate I want to kill myself. I was simply in a state of losing my purpose in life. I have a dream but, I kept thinking is that what I really want? Is that my goal in life? The thing I once called a dream suddenly appear unimportant and unmotivated enough, thou the biggest fear I have in life is losing a dream. 

Once you living without a dream, is the same as dying. 


At one point I realized, what I need is not just a dream, a big jolly dream means nothing if you have no purpose in life.


Dream is selfish, it’s always about what you want, what you want to be, and what you want to have. To be rich, to be famous, to travel the world, to live luxurious lifestyle. Admit it, this is what dreams are for most people.

I know, there are people dream which is not selfish. They dream of a better world, they dream on send their parents to do hajj, they dream on build a school, or stuff that actually help people. Only big people with big heart dream something like that.

We always say, I will help poor people and do big charity if someday I become rich. Don’t we?


Purpose is, different from dream.

   Human sent to earth must have purpose behind it, Quran says each of us are khalifah on earth.

Isn’t it selfish enough to only focus on your dream while you holding a big purpose in life?
We have been chosen to born on earth, (some of the babies are failed to see the world we live now) we signed a contract with God contained the purpose we agreed to do while on earth.

Some of you discovered what is it, some of us still lost.

Think about it, We came to earth is not for nothing, we born, we live. At least we exist to make some change in a place we live in, Earth. 

   Our purpose may be different, but we all have to worship and pray to God. 
What is it for?
As a reminder for us, so once we have figure out our purpose we won’t get lost again. Also praying connect us to our Maker, this connection will remind us why we live, why we born, why we being put on earth. Once you cut your connection with God, you’ll get lost and start to think life have no meaning at all, because you stop believing in God, and stop believing He made you for a reason.

Please do remember, we stay on earth is as fast as a leaf fall to the ground.
And God did gave you the agreement time for you to use wisely while on earth;
To worship and pray to Him (so you won’t get lost while walking on earth), to always praise Him (so you won’t be dazzled by the luxury world can offer you), to learn, to study, to do good deeds, to help your brother and sister, to do anything that make the world a better place for the next generation, so the generations after you will be so much thankful and send their grateful to you, even after your body become a soil.

   You have to pray, you do, and you must. That is the first thing first you have to do while on earth.
But if you only pray without doing something worth it in your life, if you only wake up from dawn until late at night without doing anything other than pray and praise God, why did you have to be alive anyway? Why God even gave you a solid body that need  to be feed and need to rest half of the day if what He asked you to do is, only to pray and praise Him?
God can just make you an angel that don’t need to eat or to sleep, but beside praying and praising God you know they actually have other job too.

Why God gave you solid body then?
So we can touch the earth,
and we can land on earth.
Jinn don’t have solid body, that was why God made us,

“Ingatlah ketika Tuhanmu berfirman kepada para Malaikat: “Sesungguhnya Aku hendak menjadikan seorang khalifah di muka bumi. 


   If you read Al-Quran, if you really did, Insha Allah you’ll somehow understand. You don’t even need to read the translation, I come to the thought above after I read Al-Quran without reading the translation, even it’s in Arabic and I don’t understand any of it only the basic words. It was like our mighty God, Allah SWT inspire me the answer I had been searching after I finished read the Al-Quran. (I don’t know if this happen to other people, but is not enough to just read Al-quran without understand it, so if you don’t understand Arabic spend some time to also read the translation.)

That’s probably the proof of miraculous Al-Quran. 

That is why Al-Quran is our guide in life. 

We all have to say thanks, shalawat and salam to our prophet Muhammad SAW for introduced us to Islam as our religion and Al-Quran as our Kitabullah. 
Without him, our generation will never recognize the true God, and human race will lose and doom.


Ask any question, Insha Allah Al-Quran have the answer. Even for something that isn’t happen yet, Al-Quran already recorded it.


---

* Anyway, I want to share a story before I finish this post. 
Recently I took Arabic classes in hope I’ll understand Arabic and understand Al-Quran, and also understand what I am saying while praying. Arabic is essential because Al-Quran written in Arabic, and all of the prayers our Prophet used to say also in Arabic, if we translate it, it may come out differently. I did learn some Arabic vocabulary when I was a kid but of course I completely forgot about it now, still a long way to go but I’ll try my best.

And also what triggered me to learn Al-Quran better was this happen to be a conversation between me and my friend, I was pretty sure what I said to him was half right and he was being stubborn (which of course later I found out he was just completely said irrelevant stuff to avoid admitted he was wrong) in the end of our argument he said something that made me want to throw my shoe hard at his face.

‘You don't read Quran! Try to read more! You know I am right.’

I was mad. Who wouldn't mad if someone said that in front of your face as if he thought you never touched Quran your entire life? who did he think he is? I am a moslem and he is a moslem too, if HE IS a good moslem he wasn't suppose to say that sentence, a sentence that will hurt every moslem heart. 
A sentence that showed how judgmental mind you have. 

To that day, I promise to myself I’ll learn Arabic so I’ll understand Al-Quran without read the translation.

Soon after that conversation, I found out what he was saying was wrong, he spoke as if he never heard of certain ayat of Quran and certain hadists. I wonder why I didn't fight back his argument? Probably to let him said those sentence and those sentence will trigger me to learn more about Al-Quran.

Lesson learned.
You may think you know something more than anyone, or smarter than anyone in your circle.  But don’t be so arrogant, so arrogant you judge people by saying they’re less educated than you are.

.
Don’t be judgmental dear friend, not even God judge us until the judgment day





Phew, It’s a long post.

Wassalamualaikum,



Natasya.



To give in doesn't mean you lose, it may lead to something good in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment